Sunday, March 5, 2023

Orange Mimosa Wine Tasting Review


Name: Orange Mimosa Wine

Variety: Glera

Region: New Mexico

Country: USA

Year: N/A

Price: $9.99 from Aldi


Online Review

Date: 06/04/2020

User: Tastings.com

Bright golden yellow color, Aromas, and flavors of orange zest and orange custard-style yogurt with a satiny, vibrant, spritzy, off-dry light to medium body and an even, medium-length finish with accents of tangy orange sorbet. A balanced and flavorful Mimosa that offers a delicious brunch time treat in a convenient package.

Review Link


References

  • Wine Folly, Color of Wine, page 26: Pale Amber

  • Wine Folly, Aromas, page 30: Orange

  • Wine Folly, page 40: Light Bodied (but heavier than a regular light-bodied wine and lighter than a full-bodied wine)

  • Smell: my first thought was it smells like a weakened version of chardonnay, smells like a fake orange, and kinda burns your nose a little when you smell but not much

  • Taste: first taste is alcohol and the alcohol overpowers the orange taste, with a hint of vanilla because of how smooth it is


My Review: 6.5/10

  • Would've given it a 7 but the taste is lingering and I don't like that, gave me slight heartburn

  • Has a smooth/creamy feeling in my mouth

  • I can tell it has a more than 5% alcohol percentage 

  • Overall, I could drink this on its own but I don't think I would choose to because it's not my cup of tea but better than most wines I've had

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Marca Prosecco Rose Tasting Review

      Name: La Marca Prosecco Rose Variety: Glera Region: Veneto Country: Italy Year: 2021 Price: $5.49 Online review: 2/5 Nov. 2022 User: ...