Sunday, March 26, 2023

La Marca Prosecco Rose Tasting Review

    


Name: La Marca Prosecco Rose

Variety: Glera

Region: Veneto

Country: Italy

Year: 2021

Price: $5.49


Online review: 2/5

Nov. 2022

User: SWLassie

We bought this to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Let me preface this by saying that I don’t really enjoy LaMarca. Bottle on both this and the original is gorgeous, and it’s not necessarily a bad Prosecco, but I find the original weak and flavorless. I had high hopes that this might be better—it was pretty much the same. I did taste a bit more fruit, but it just had so little flavor. We did end up finishing it, in a well, it’s-here-and-maybe-we-should’ve-had-something-else kind of way. I much prefer Ruffino’s Rose Prosecco to this.

Review Link


References

  • Wine Folly, Color of Wine, page 27: Pale Salmon

  • Wine Folly, page 40: Rose

  • Smell: good, fruity, better than it tastes, rubbing alcohol, strawberry, fresh

  • Taste: Acidic taste then a warm feeling in the back of the throat, not what I was expecting with the first sip


My Review: 7/10

  • Got better the longer it sat out and warmed up

  • Can tell its more than 5% alcohol

  • Definitely drinkable without hesitation but just not something I’d want to have again, there was nothing wrong with it but it’s just “eh” there's no wow factor to make this amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Marca Prosecco Rose Tasting Review

      Name: La Marca Prosecco Rose Variety: Glera Region: Veneto Country: Italy Year: 2021 Price: $5.49 Online review: 2/5 Nov. 2022 User: ...