Saturday, February 25, 2023

Spain Journey & Discover Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Review




Name: Spain Journey & Discover Cabernet Sauvignon

Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon

Region: La Mancha

Country: Spain

Year: 2020

Price: $3.99 from Target


Online review: 1/5

Date: 02/10/2023

User: Anna

“As a big fan of cheap red wine, I was excited to see this new split bottle at Target. Not going to lie, it didn't taste super good but I've had worse. Not great but drinkable until I take a big sip only to feel something solid mixed in with the wine. Spit it out and poured the glass down the sink, only to see weird gross chunks all over the sink. Even for a cheap wine connoisseur, this was a new level of gross for me.”

Review Link


References

  • Wine Folly, Color of Wine, page 27: Deep Ruby

  • Wine Folly, page 88: Cabernet Sauvignon

  • Smells like a weak fruity Febreze

  • Extremely tannic

  • Tastes woody and pruney

  • Medium Bodied


My Review: 2/10

  • I hate this wine it made my mouth cramp up from the feeling and it has a lingering feeling that made my throat hurt

  • Gave me heartburn but makes sense because of its extremely dark color

  • The balance seems off because it's not terrible but I can't make myself drink it and enjoy it

  • I had a piece of chocolate with this wine to wash away the flavor of the wine

  • It's such a weird flavor because I don't think the flavor is disgusting it's just not something I enjoy on my palette

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Marca Prosecco Rose Tasting Review

      Name: La Marca Prosecco Rose Variety: Glera Region: Veneto Country: Italy Year: 2021 Price: $5.49 Online review: 2/5 Nov. 2022 User: ...