Saturday, February 4, 2023

Portugal Journey & Discover Red Blend Tasting Review

1) Photo of the wine label, close-up shot


Name: Portugal Journey & Discover Red Blend

Variety: Red Blend (Aragonês (aka Tempranillo), Touriga Nacional, and Castelão), no percentages

given

Region: Santo Isidro de Pegões

Country: Portugal

Year: not given on the bottle

Price: $3.99 from Target


Online review: 1 out of 5

01/21/23

User: Target Shopper

Purchasing cheap wine is such a huge risk. I’ve purchased different wines from this same brand and never had a notable complaint like I’ve had with this one. When I tell you this wine is bad I mean it’s bad!!!! For someone that normally drinks Malbec, this wine is too bitter and sour for me to handle! I could not take a single sip without making a face. It’s not even the type of sour or bitter that is considered an acquired taste. I’m sorry but this wine was a miss for me

journey and discovery red blend review - Google Search


References

  • Wine Folly, Color of Wine, page 27: Medium Purple

  • Wine Folly, page 40: Medium-Bodied Red

  • Notes of fish but specifically a dry fish

  • Tannins sucked my mouth dry, too much acidity

  • Wine Folly, page 176: light hints of cocoa and cigar box

  • Very delicious smell upon opening and was even stronger once decanted


My Review: 3/10

  • Gave me heartburn which is unusual because I never get heartburn

  • Tried to blend the wine in a blender for a better-decanted flavor and it tasted smoother after it was blended but the taste seemed to dissipate as well as the pungent aroma weakened

  • I did not try any food with this wine

  • Moreover this wine was a no-go for me, one of the worst wines I've had in a while, seemed out of balance and overall not a great wine for my taste, I will not be buying this wine again

No comments:

Post a Comment

La Marca Prosecco Rose Tasting Review

      Name: La Marca Prosecco Rose Variety: Glera Region: Veneto Country: Italy Year: 2021 Price: $5.49 Online review: 2/5 Nov. 2022 User: ...